Chicken fries are great to make as snacks along with some snacks like cheese cubes, chips, and so on. You can make these tasty chicken fries in both oven and air fryer. Today I am sharing the recipe of chicken fries made in the air fryer using a few easy steps. Air fries are the latest technique, take a few minutes to make chicken fry! So why still we are waiting for? Let’s jump in to see how to cook chicken fries in air fryer!
Things you will need to fry the chicken by air fryer
Chicken pieces: you can take Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless – just be sure to cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
Flour: Coat the chicken pieces lightly with flour. You can also coat the chicken pieces lightly with corn starch.
Salt and pepper: Season the flour with salt and pepper.
Oil for deep frying: I prefer olive oil/canola oil or any other extra virgin oil for air fry purposes. You can use any oil, like coconut oil, sunflower oil, or soybean oil to meet your own taste and demand.
Egg – Coat the chicken pieces lightly with egg.
Bread crumbs – Coat the chicken pieces lightly with bread crumbs.
Additional items- like paprika, personal spices, herbs, or flavor.
Some more recipe
How to cook chicken fries in the air fryer?
Let’s talk about the easiest way to make chicken fry! This simple method is for Air Fried Frozen Chicken Fries. Buy your favorite frozen chicken fries, put the Frozen chicken fries in the air fryer basket( line the frozen chickens in the bottom of the basket)then turn on the fryer and cook the frozen chicken at 199°C only for a few (approximately 5/6) minutes. Do not forget to splits cooking oil in the air fryer basket before you line up the chicken there. So what if you want more from your air frying process? If you have enough time to make some awesome, delicious chicken fry by your air fryer-then this second recipe is for you obviously it will take some extra time from your 24 hours-if you think it’s not a big obstacle to sail your boat-just follow me here- Okay, first you have to season your chicken pieces. After seasoning, you have to coat the chicken pieces with flour or cornstarch.
Seasoning of the chicken pieces
It’s a simple stage. wipe all the chicken pieces with a kitchen towel or tissue. Make them well-dried. In a mixing bowl, mix salt and pepper powder with garlic powder. Add some paprika for extra flavor (optional). Then, sprinkle the mixture on the flour-coated chicken pieces.
Coat the chicken with flour
Take a large bowl or tray, and take 1/4kilo of flour/corn starch inside the bowl. Keep the dried chicken piece onto the flour, and coat the pieces on all sides.
Prepare Batter/Egg brush
You can use only the egg yolk to brush on the chicken pieces so that you can get a nice golden color on your chicken fry. Whatever, you can coat the chicken pieces using a well-prepared batter(corn flour+water) or egg. If you have taken 1 pound of chicken then take 2 cups of all-purpose flour/corn flour, add one egg, a pinch of salt, a pinch of baking soda, and add water (needed to blend all those mixtures into a creamy but liquid batter).
Mix corn starch, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Set a Blend aside. Many people think breading the chicken pieces in the air fryer will burn out the outer side. But when I tried this on my air fryer, my chicken fries were crispy and okay.
Make your favorite sauces to serve the crispy chicken fries. I prefer a mixer of soya sauces, a little bit of bbq sauce, garlic paste, and coriander leave paste with a pinch of sugar with all of them.
- Dip and coat the chicken pieces one by one with the batter mixture. Use your hands to do this. Dip the chicken pieces in the batter, then coat them with the bread crumbs/breading mix. Keep all the coated chicken pieces aside to set for a while.
- Take the air fryer basket, spritz high heat cooking well there. (just spritz the oil)
- Keep the chicken piece on the bottom of the air fryer basket. Again spray oil over all the chicken pieces. Do not overlap the chicken one with another. Just line up one by one.
- Start cooking at 199°C. Fry the chicken pieces for about 7 to 9 minutes on each side over. ide. At halftime, shake the basket well so that the chicken pieces are fried well on both sides. The air fryer will take approx. 20-25 minutes to cook thicker chicken fries. The time depends on the thickness of the fries. When the fryer is done, the fryer will beep and the reading on the digital display will transform into 0.
- When both sides of the chicken pieces are browned, remove them from the basket and drain the excess oil on paper towels. If still you do not get the brown color, you can cook another 2 or 3 minutes for better results.
- Press the “cancel” button to turn off the fryer. The chicken fries are done. Serve this crispy chicken with rice! Or you can eat these as a side dish with your favorite dipping sauces or bbq sauce too. I prefer some french fries while I made burger king chicken fries using my awesome air fryer kitchen top!
How do you air fry frozen chicken fries?
Spray cooking oil on the air basket tray. Line up the frozen chicken pieces on a single layer. place the basket inside the air dryer. Turn on the device and start air frying at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. The total air frying duration should not cross 8 to 10 minutes. However, if the chicken pieces are thicker, you are supposed to cook more time to make the air fryer chicken fries completely.
How long should I air fry my chicken fries?
It depends on the temperature you set on your air fryer. However, at 400 degrees F, you will need 8 to 10 minutes to evenly cook chicken fries in the air. For more crispy air fryer chicken fries-cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
How long should you put Tyson chicken fries in the air fryer?
Tyson chicken fries need 4 to 5 minutes at 390°F in the preheated air fryer. In the meanwhile, you have to check out whether the temperature is spreading all over the chicken or not. The internal temperature of the chickens in the air fryer is supposed to reach 165°F to cook well.
How do I cook frozen chicken fries?
The best-frozen chicken fries also demand the same frying process as normal chicken fry needs. However, you can keep the frozen chicken at a normal temperature for 10 to 30 minutes before cooking it. If you are in a hurry you can directly season the frozen chicken and let them swell for half an hour at the normal temperature. After then you can directly air fry those chickens.
Air fryer chicken fries are the most household favorite recipes nowadays. Once you try this with your favorite dipping sauce, you will feel how delicious food it could be! It is great for kids and can serve as a side dish with lunch or dinner. That’s all on how to cook chicken fries in the air fryer. Once you try my recipe, please share how you made your fried chicken!