What the Lumpia is? ”It is a Filipino name for an egg roll”. Insider of this role there is a mix of meat and vegetables with other spices. It is wrapped using a wrapper. Finally, it needs to be fried in the air fryer or hot air to eat. The wrapper comes with a variety of tastes, you can get it whether made with wheat flour sheet or rice paper. Frozen Lumpia is a Philippines dish, shine its taste on each bite! I heard about this recipe so many times, once I thought I also suppose to try this by myself. So I tried it, and gradually it became my day-to-day evening snack made by me. After a few days, I notice it is nearly difficult for me to make this egg roll or spring roll frequently.
Therefore I have decided to buy frozen egg rolls or lumpia from my nearby grocery shop and then deep fry or air frying easily in my kitchen. Air fryer frozen lumpia with dipping sauce or soya sauce calm my hunger tummy instantly. Even you can serve immediately this cooked lumpia with duck sauce or chili sauce as well. However the serving details of this beautiful dish will come in later, now let’s tell you How to cook frozen lumpia in air fryer. Let’s see how we get perfectly cooked lumpia through hot air!
How to cook frozen lumpia in the air fryer
There are several types of lumpia available nowadays. Cooking methods for all are the same. Chicken, vegetables, shrimp, pork, beef, and so many others. Even I also once tried the lumpia with turkey meat, which also gives a good taste.
However, let’s see how to cook frozen spring rolls by air frying! Air fryer spring rolls are an awesome way to cook frozen egg rolls in a healthy and easy way.
Ingredients you will need
- Take 1 package of frozen lumpia (chicken/pork/vegetable/beef-as per your choice)
- Air fryer (Preheat the air fryer at 375°F for 5 minutes)
- Cooking spray/cooking oil
- Seafood seasoning/ Other spices (a pinch to sprinkle on the fried spring rolls)
- Serving item (sauce/salad)
Prepare Lumpia Dipping Sauce
Enjoy the cooked lumpia with the best lumpia dipping sauce. You can make your own by combining it with a few sauces like mixing soya sauce, lime juice, vinegar, and palm sugar with garlic and chili paste.
You can also make this sauce in a different way like mixing chili sauce, tomato sauce or ketchup, and garlic sauce. Usually, making this sauce depends on how your taste buds choose the mix of any particular sauce.
- Take the bundle of frozen lumpia and your air fryer.
- Remove the frozen lumpia from the packet. If they are stuck together, separate them using a spatula or fork.
- Spray a little bit of cooking spray on the air fryer basket.
- Line up the frozen lumpia one by one onto the fryer basket. Again spray some cooking oil (especially I prefer olive oil).
- Turn on the air fryer. Fry the frozen lumpia at 400 or 375°F for 15 minutes. You can preheat the fryer at the same temperature for 9 minutes. In a preheated air fryer, you need to cook the lumpia for only another 9 or 10 minutes. Cooking time usually depends on the capability of the air fryer and the set temperature. If your fryer is a slow cooker, counts more time. However, you can fry them in a conventional oven with the help of a baking sheet too.
- In halfway please turn the side up and down of this wonderful snack cuisine so that you could get them well cooked.
- To bring more crispiness, fry for another three minutes. Wait until it turns golden brown.
- Serve warm, serve hot!
- Serve with your favorite sauces, like- one best dipping sauces, favorite dipping sauces.
What to serve with frozen lumpia air fries?
When you remove the hot frozen lumpia from the air basket, you can eat it instantly. Personally, I do that! However, the lumpia dipping sauce is best to top the air fryer frozen lumpia. Besides this, soya sauce or other sour sauces also goes well.
Deep-fried potato chips, Mashed potato, roasted garlic, roasted onions, steamed ground pork/ ground chicken, mixed vegetable salad/fruit salad, orange juice, whipped sour, instant pot mashed potato-everything goes well with these awesome egg rolls.
Read Related Article:
Can you cook frozen lumpia in the oven?
Yes, you can. The process is the same as in an air fryer. But only when you don’t have an air fryer in your kitchen, we suggest cooking frozen lumpia in the oven. Cooking in the air fryer gives less trouble and it only needs a pinch of cooking spray. Whereas cooking in the oven leads you to too much effort and trouble.
However, when you don’t have an air fryer, of course, you can cook using that. Just preheat it.400F is the standard temperature to preheat it and to cook the frozen items. Finally, cook the frozen lumpia for approx. 8-11 minutes at this temp. When you got the golden color at your lumpia, turn off the oven, carefully remove them on a separate plate, and serve according to your taste.
Is frozen lumpia healthy?
Yes, depending on the ingredients, freshness, and cooking methods you have followed. If you add too much pork as the filler, it could give you a high fat! However, if you select vegetarian lumpia with air fry, it is healthy. Deep frying anything is health risky, but air fry is healthy cause no added oil needs here.
What vegetables can I use to stuff the lumpia wrapper?
Absolutely depends on you! You can use any vegetables available in your freeze or in your backyard. Carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, beans, spinach, celery, cabbage, everything could be your best choice to stuff the vegetarian lumpia.
And as meat stuffing, you can pick pork, chicken, duck, turkey, shrimp, seafood, beef-anything of your preference.
How do you cook frozen lumpia in the air fryer?
It is very simple and easy. Just preheat the air fryer to 400f. Keep the frozen lumpia in the air fryer basket, and cook these for 5 to 8 minutes.
How long does it take to cook frozen spring rolls in an air fryer?
It depends on the temperature you set at your air fryer, at 400F, the cooking time is supposed to be 5 to 8 minutes. And on 350F this temperature should be 12 to 15 minutes. In both cases, the air fryer needs to be preheated.
How do you heat lumpia in an air fryer?
I took the air fryer basket. Then I Spray a pinch of cooking spray over there. Line up the lumpia over there. I do not make a mess here, only make one layer of lumpia. However, after then, I cook them on the preheated air fryer for 5 to 8 minutes. I set the temperature at 400F. In halfway, I make upside-down of that lumpia, so that they can be evenly cooked both inner and outer.
So that’s all about how to cook frozen lumpia in the air fryer. I wish you will make some superb lumpia in the air fryer after reading this article! Just one more thing, if you are a newbie, cook slowly! It will help your lumpia not to burn suddenly! Still, you are waiting! just go and beat any Pilipino restaurant lumpia.