A tomahawk steak is specially made with a thick-cut layer of cow rib eye. Interestingly this portion of the cow becomes extra juicy and tender because cow needs to put extra effort to exercise on there. Plus point is we are talking here about the cow boy steak recipe which is made by Gordon Ramsay. And you know Gordon Ramsay never going to make you hopeless. His recipe is awesome and so different in taste, customer often comes to repeat the taste of this awesome dish. This steak could be grilled, could barbecued even could cook in the frying pan as well. However, do you want to taste this recipe? So at first you have to know how to cook a tomahawk steak Gordon ramsay into your kitchen- Lets start-
What is tomahawk steak Gordon ramsay?
Before learn to cook a tomahawk steak, lets know what does this steak mean? why it is named so exceptionally! Usually its also called by the cow boy steak. This steak cut is directly from the ribcage of cow. Therefore it becomes juicier, tender comparatively with others steak.
‘A tomahawk steak is a prime rib roast that has been cut so that you are left with beautiful rib eyes.’
How does Chef Ramsay Cook Tomahawk steak in a simple way?
You will never believe until you try own self, this steak is so easy and simple to make! Chef Ramsay made this recipe so straightforward, even newbie in the kitchen also could make it within a while. The easiest recipe of tomahawk steaks is-
- Take the steak cut. (Try to take it fresh from the nearby butcher shop).
- Season it (with seasoning or salt +pepper).
- Let it dry for 30 minutes long, s that the salt and the pepper can fully invade into the inner steak meat. You can try including additional spices and herbs in this stage if you wish.
- Searing the meat over the pan in a high heat, make the steak outer crispy. Cook both sides, make the steak brown in color.
- After a while remove the seared steak into the oven. Obviously, it should be a preheated oven. Cook the steak inside the oven for a minimum of 1 hr. at 180 to 200C. After that, leave the steak on the slicing board and slice it to serve.
How to cook a tomahawk steak Gordon Ramsay/The best way to cook a Tomahawk Steak Gordon Ramsay style
- Beef cut steak
- Olive oil
- Salt & black pepper/Seasoning
- Onion chopped/sliced
- Minced Garlic
- Red wine (to increase the tender texture of the steak meat).
- Chopped Cilantro
- Black beans (steamed/dried can)
As I already demonstrated, the process is the same as earlier. But I would like to be more focused on each ingredient like Gordon Ramsay.
Prepare the ribeye steak: It is the initial stage of making tomahawk steaks following Gordon Ramsay’s recipes.
Seasoning: Mess the steak with one best seasoning, or a mix of salt with crushed pepper. Let it seasoned for 30 minutes at normal temperature to invade the seasoning inside the meat. Bear one thing on your mind, cooking tomahawk steak is solely depends on its proper seasoning too.
Preheat the oven: Preheating usually is a matter of experience, which varies from recipes to recipes gonna cooked inside the oven. Preheat the oven for 1 to 1 and half hours at 350 to 400F.
Cook the Steak: Heat the butter and the olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Cook the steak until it becomes brown on both sides. Now remove the steak from the cooker and bake it. Use a preheat oven to bake approximately for 10 minutes.
Finally, Bake It by garnishing it: Once again remove the steak from the preheated oven and garnish it with onion slices, garlic means, wine, and beans. Sprinkle some seasoning again in this stage. Pour melted butter, and olive oil over the steak and again bake it for another 20 minutes. it will make the steak buttery and rich flavour full.
Finally, remove the steak from the oven, and wrap it with aluminum foil (let it as it is in medium heat for another 10 minutes, it will help the meat to be tender more and also be juicy). Measure the internal temperature using a meat thermometer of the steak, it should be stayed at the optimal range according to the USDA.
Serve the steak in a slicing dish, slice the steak and serve it with cilantro chops. Additional ingredients are totally up to you. Mash potato, French fry, Steamed vegetables, orange juice, Mix salad, Chinese sushi, Indian rice, Korean kimchee, sticky rice,
Top Tips for cooking a tomahawk steak Gordon Ramsay:
- Choose a perfect beef cut to make this steak. A fresh beef cut that is pink in color contains some tender strips, perfect to make the beef steak. The beef also needs to be tender as well.
- You can make the beefsteak yummier by adding a wonderful topping over there. To make the topping, mix truffle butter, sliced cheese, mashed potato, onion slice, some chili chops, etc.
- If you are on the keto diet and don’t dare to eat so much butter, do not use much of these. Just using a cooking spray is enough to make this thick-cut steak as well.
- If you are trying to make chef Ramsay’s pan-seared steak, season the beef steak with vegetable oil, seasoning properly. This is a must for this recipe.
- In case, you are in love to taste the sweet and swallowed steak, coat this steak with 5 or 10 ml fat milk. Or you keep the beef steak (20 minutes) submerged in the liquid milk, before seasoning it.
- Finally to hit the Gordon Ramsay steak recipe, please make some mustard dipping sauce mixed with your preferred items.
How long do you put a tomahawk steak in the oven?
Once the tomahawk steak becomes brown colored on every side, now let it take on a rack to put inside in the oven. In the oven bake it until the internal temperature reaches 130ºF-135ºF. Approximately you have to cook here only for 20 to 25 minutes.
How do you cook a 2-inch Tomahawk steak in the oven?
Same as cooking a tomahawk steak in the oven. Just before removing it from the oven, be sure the internal temperature is within the optimal range.
Why do you put foil on a tomahawk steak?
So that it could prevent charring the beef meat and bone while it is cooking. It also helps the steak to retain the heat for longer. Stop the steak to become hard also.
To make Gordon Ramsay Beef steak you need to be very careful from the first preparation stage to the last serving end. Take all the process steps very seriously so that it could make nearly hundred percent perfect. So, this is How to cook a tomahawk steak Gordon Ramsay! Have you already finished reading this recipe? If so why still you are waiting for? Just make this instantly! Do one thing, go to your rooftop! Arrange a candle light dinner with your beloved one! And the date menu must to be tomahawk steak Gordon ramsay with one bottle of champagne!